How to reuse old toiletry bags 10 ways
Even if you’ve never bought a make up or toiletry bag in your life it’s very difficult to avoid them. As so many gifts sets are given in bags they seem to pile up. I have a drawer full of toiletry bags, many of which have sat there for years doing nothing. They are either too big or too small, or just not as attractive as some of the other ones. However, you don’t need to leave them in your cupboard feeling sad and lonely! If you are wondering how to reuse them, there are loads of ways
10 options for how to reuse toiletry bags
- How to reuse toiletry bags as an organiser: Some toiletry bags have different compartments and these ones make great organisers. Especially if they have clear ‘windows’ – I used the one pictured above to organise ribbons. Other sewing or craft supplies would work well in here too. You could also store puzzles in it!
- In a handbag or backpack. Small items float around my handbag getting lost at the bottom. Pop them in a toiletry bag keep them together. It also makes it easier to transfer from one handbag to another
- Some plastic lined toiletry bags could be useful as lunch bags or snack containers
- Re-gift the bag to kids. They love little bags and boxes as they are perfect for keeping their small toys and treasures in
- As a pencil case. Even the large ones could work well if you have a lot of stationery to put in them!
- Bike maintenance kit. Add in a puncture repair / spanner / torch.
- As a jewellery bag. A pretty patterned makeup bag could work well for this or even an oddly shaped shaver bag!
- Fill it with plasters and make it into a first aid kit!
- Flannel bag. Use for kids instead of wet wipes/ bag for wet clothes (kids potty training)
- To store hair bands and clips
If you still have more bags than you know what to do with they could make a great alternative to wrapping paper when giving a gift to someone else.