You will love this simple, delicious, vegan pancake recipe
Pancake day is fast approaching. You can buy pre-made pancakes, but they are so easy and simple to make that there is no need to buy them. Plus when you make them yourself, you control the ingredients and the packaging. I love this vegan pancake recipe because it is so delicious, has minimal packaging and is sugar free!
Please note, this post contains affiliate links. It won’t cost you anything extra to use the links and opinions are all my own.
Vegan pancake recipe ingredients:
- 120 g (or 1 cup) of self raising flour
- 1 banana (the riper it is, the sweeter the pancakes will be)
- 250 ml (or 1 cup) of water
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- A little coconut oil
- Optional topping ingredients: cinnamon and fresh lemon
- Put one cup of self raising flour in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mash a banana🍌.
- Whisk the banana with 1 cup of water.
- Then add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to the water and banana mix.
- Slowly add the liquid to the flour, mixing as you go.
- When the mixture is ready melt a little coconut oil in a hot (but not too hot) frying pan 🍳.
- Wait a couple of minutes, then ladle in dollops of the mixture.
- Leave them to cook for a couple of minutes on each side and then serve freshly cooked.
- Optional: Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a squeeze of lemon🍋!
What to do with excess vegan pancake batter
If you make too much batter, I like to do one of two things.
- Either I freeze the batter to use another time.
- Or I make it into pancakes and freeze the pancakes to use at a later date.
You can keep the batter or the pancakes in the fridge to use the next day. But I find that it is easy to forget to use up the leftovers before they go off. In the freezer you don’t have to rush to use them.
Tip: to make it easy to use up the leftovers a bit at a time, freeze the pancake batter in icecube trays. Then you can defrost it as needed. If the pancakes are already made, open freeze them. This means lay them out so that they aren’t touching anything other than a tray in the freezer. When they are frozen store them in an airtight container in the freezer. This prevents the pancakes from sticking together and being difficult to separate once frozen.
Want some more vegan snack ideas? Check out these healthy homemade vegan and zero waste snacks!