This chocolate cake recipe is the one you really want to use if you are making it for a special occasion such as a birthday. One of the key ingredients is hot water, which keeps it moist for longer! This is very useful if you want to bake it in advance and decorate it nearer the time!
- Line the bottom of a deep 8 inch cake tin (or an alternative tin, depending on the shape of the cake you want to make) with greaseproof paper (draw around the bottom of the tin and cut it to size) and grease the sides
- Preheat the oven gas mark 4, 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F
- Cream the vegetable spread and sugar and then beat in the eggs one at a time
- Fold in the sieved flour and cocoa alternately with the hot water. Then add the optional chocolate drops.
- Pour into cake tin and smooth the top. Bake for approx 1 hour. Test to see if cooked with a skewer, if it needs longer than an hour turn the oven down to gas mark 3, 160 degrees C or 325 degrees F
- Leave to cool and once fully cooled decorate as required!
If you liked this post I would really appreciate it if you click like on Facebook and follow on Twitter. Also if you have a Kindle it would really make my day if you subscribe to this blog on it! – Thanks!