Becoming an authorpreneur and my book in the news!
An authorpreneur is someone who is both an author and an entrepreneur. I decided to go down the self publishing route for my book . That means it is also down to me to promote and sell my book and that makes me an authorpreneur! I’ve been quite excited about taking on this challenge. However selling something you have put your heart and soul into for a long period of time is not for the faint hearted! I know I will encounter positivity and negativity about my book along the way and I have been prepared for this from the start.
Note: This article contains an affiliate link which is marked with an asterisk. It doesn’t cost you any extra to purchase through it, but if you do it helps to support the blog.
I’ve started to get my book out there and this is what’s been going on up to now:
Articles, interviews and reviews about the book:
- I enjoyed being interviewed on the BBC Sussex and Surrey radio station by Danny Pike! You can check out the interview here:
Radio interview with Danny Pike . Fast forward to 1 hour and 16 mins in, where my interview starts
- Thank you to Vicky from the Home Grown and Foraged Blog for writing a review and interviewing me about the book here: Eco Thrifty Living book review and interview
- I am very grateful to Gina from the Gypsy Soul blog, who also interviewed me about the book and you can read about that here: Interview by Gina
- The lovely Lynn interviewed me on her 50th radio show/ podcast and you can listen to it here (fast forward to 17 minutes in):
Mrs Mummypenny talks – congratulations to Lynn on her 50th show and thanks for having me!
- I did a press release to a local paper and afterwards, I kinda wished I hadn’t! I decided to laugh rather than cry though (ok I did both) and to move on! Article in local paper.
This is just the start of my journey as an authorpreneur and I’m hoping it is something I will be able to continue to do in the long term! If you are thinking about becoming an authorpreneur, I would recommend checking out Joanna Penn, who is an author, has a podcast, has a great website and is on YouTube all about writing. You can find her here: thecreativepenn.com. I found her book The Successful Author Mindset* particularly helpful. Another useful book on the topic is Self Published Millionaire* by Joseph Alexander and Tim Pettingale
If you have bought a copy of my book, or are going to, it would make my day if you leave a review! It will give people something more to go on, when they are deciding whether or not to buy my book. If you haven’t bought a copy yet, find out more about the book and where to buy it here: Eco Thrifty Living the book.
Thank you for all your support!