I know that the best way to treat obstacles are as if they were stepping stones and I know that some of the best discoveries are made when I can’t do what I would usually do/ from making mistakes, but recently everything seems to be going wrong and I really feel like having a great big whinge about it all and getting it out of my system!!!!
So be warned, carry on reading at your peril 🙂
OK things going wrong include :
- Recently I’ve had 3 food waste disasters one of which is pictured above and one where I nearly burnt the house down and afterwards the house stank of smoke for days…
- Things have happened that mean I have been taking various steps backwards in relation to going single use plastic free for Plastic Free July (some in relation to point 3.)
- Having quit sugar (and most processed foods and avoiding wheat, yeast and alcohol most of the time) and losing loads of weight, I should be feeling really good, but actually recently I’ve not been feeling great at all and the doctor has told me (and more problematically the kids) to stay off dairy foods for a while. Is there anything we can eat and can I get it plastic free !?!?!?!??!
- I have a great big urge to go out and buy a whole load of brand spanking new stuff (mostly in relation to not feeling well), which I’m starting to think it really wouldn’t be a good idea to wait until September for. In fact I have already bought two new things, which I’m pretty sure are perfectly acceptable within my rules, but I feel guilty about….
- Feeling like I’m not keeping up with all the things I’ve said I will – in particular I’ve hardly done any mending.
- The water pistol method isn’t working as well as it was to start with and I think I need to give it some more thought…
- Not being able to keep up with blogging all the exciting things (and annoying things) that have been going on (when I say exciting – I mean exciting to me – you may not find them quite as exciting 🙂 )!!!!
OK rant over and if I get a chance I am going to blog a bit more in detail about each of these things (including the silver linings, which I know are there)!!!!!
If you are wondering why some of these things are problems I am doing a year of eco challenges and have been introducing a new challenge each month since last September. The challenges so far include not using shampoo, not shopping in supermarkets, not buying anything new or second hand for myself, giving something away each day, doing the Rubbish Diet, not using toilet paper and starting a food sharing revolution in my local area… I am also preparing to go single use plastic free for Plastic Free July. You can read my original post about My Year of Eco Challenges here. Plus on top of those challenges, I have been sugar free for over a year, I try to avoid taking conventional medicines wherever possible and I don’t use conventional cleaning products either… Also the kids aren’t too keen on the idea of giving up dairy products…
Next I’m going to try hopping a marathon (that is a joke in case anyone is getting any ideas – I would struggle to walk a marathon in one go, let alone hop one 🙂 )