Have you ever bought a loaf of bread forgotten about it and then the next time you look at it, it is past it’s best before date? There are loads of recipes for using up day old bread – like these 20 ways to stop wasting your loaf Some of those recipes use up more bread than others and when you are faced with a whole loaf of it, you need a recipe that is more bread than anything else!
- Toast the bread
- Cut off the crusts
- Slice the bread in half so that you have two very thin pieces of bread each with a toasted side and a non-toasted side
- Place the slices non-toasted side up on an oven tray, spread out over the tray (you may need more than one tray if you have lots of pieces)
- Put in a preheated oven at a temperature of around 180 degrees.
- Leave for a few minutes and then turn the pieces over.
- Repeat the above step until the slices are browned and crispy. Make sure you keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn, but make sure they are fully dried out as otherwise they won’t keep well.
- Leave to cool.
- Serve straight away or store in an airtight container and consume within a few days.