My friend Shani has skills in the kitchen – she is a great cook and baker and I love going to eat at her house :). She came over for a girls night in over the weekend and I was so impressed by what she turned up with that I felt the need to blog about it!
Shani made up a recipe for homemade biscuits, which tasted good, contained zero sugar, dairy or grains and gave them to me in a reused glass jar which can be reused again. She isn’t normally into zero waste so it was really nice that she made the effort for me! She very kindly said I could share her recipe on here, so here it is:
Shani’s Hazelnut Biscuits
200g hazelnut butter (you can make your own in a similar way to my peanut butter recipe here)
Coconut flour (enough to firm mixture – go easy on this as it is very absorbent!)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C
- Whisk egg whites until stiff
- Combine hazelnut butter with apple puree and mix well
- Fold in coconut flour and cocoa powder to the apple/ hazelnut mix
- Fold in whisked egg white
- Spoon onto a baking tray and flatten with a fork
- Sprinkle tops with salt and bake until firm and slightly browned (about 30 mins)
Thanks to Shani for letting me share this recipe and for the lovely biscuits! If you have a try at making this let me know how you get on.
If you liked this post please click like on Facebook
and follow on Twitter
– thanks so much!